Thursday, September 24, 2009

We Need a Home!

I need suggestions for where to meet next Friday. Unfortunately, Vino at The Landing won't work as they have a "Meet the Winemaker" forum every Friday from 6-8. If we reaaaalllly want to meet there we will have to move our meeting to 8 p.m. and I know for several people that doesn't work.

Soooooo....

Any other ideas? Renton is a good central meeting place, I think. If I don't get suggestions, I will just pick somewhere for this first meeting and we can discuss later.

WARNING: Right now, the only place I can think of in the Renton area that can accommodate us is Scari's (Shari's) by the hotel there at 169 and 405. And nobody wants that...

4 comments:

Heather F said...

Sorry Kerrie. I don't know Renton all that well. If it has to be Shari’s then it has to be Shari’s. We'll just have to deal.

Amy said...

How about "Common Ground" cupcake place in downtown Renton. It would be a perfect spot for a book club meeting. I won't be able to make the first meeting as my husband will be in Leavenworth celebrating oktoberfest with his guy friends. So I will have my 3-year-old.

Kerrie said...

Here are some more suggestions from Vicki:
-Calico Cheesecake Co.
-Commonground Cupcakes (like Amy suggested, too)

And, Kelley suggested Calico Cheesecake Co., as well.

Thanks ladies! We'll get this figured out and I don't really think we'll have to meet at Shari's!

Kerrie said...

Oh yeah, and in rereading the e-mail from the Vino's owner, we actually could meet there, it'd just be loud. Here's what he said:
Hi Kerrie,

Thanks for your interest in having your book club meet at Vino At The Landing. We can definitely accomodate 8-10 people. We do have other book clubs meet here from time to time and haven't had any issues with them disturbing other patrons. We have ~15 wines by the glass and have a tapas-style food menu.

However....on Friday nights from 6-8pm we have "Meet The Winemaker" tastings where local winemakers come here to pour their wines. We're pretty packed during this time and it does get pretty loud so it may not be the best conditions for a book club to meet. Not sure what time your book club meets? If it was sometime other than Friday from 6-8pm, than I would definitely recommend Vino At The Landing.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
--
Rick McMaster
Owner/General Manager
Vino At The Landing
www.vinoatthelanding.com