Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Our "First" Meeting & Where to Meet

I'm trying to get this party started.

Based on your feedback, the new era of the No-Pressure Book Club will be meeting at 7:30 p.m. on the First Friday of every other month beginning in October.

That means our first meeting will be Friday, October 2 at 7:30 p.m. We'll be discussing The Street of a Thousand Blossoms by Gail Tsukiyama. I will bring questions. Check the sidebar on the left for updated meeting times, locations and other general info, such as what book, who will bring discussion points, etc.

Now, we just need to find a "home." The Renton Landing area is sort of a middle-ground for most of us, I think. I contacted Vino at the Landing, a well-lit and nice looking wine bar, to see if they're the type of place that a book club could meet at. I will let you know what I find out.

But we need more suggestions. I'm thinking we should try to stay close to the downtown Renton area. Anyone know of any good places that could host about 10 people?

FYI: I fixed the comments on this blog, so if you had issues leaving one in the past, it should be working now. Sorry about that.

See you soon!
~Kerrie

No comments: