Sunday, May 9, 2010

Love the One You're With Recap & Suggestions Wanted

We had a great meeting on Friday with yummy food at the Chantanee in Bellevue and it was quite a large group -- 8, I think.

Here's a recap if you missed the meeting discussing Love the One You're With:

-Overall the group rated the book as: Ehhh; it was okay. Why?

-Not enough strong characters.

-Not really a believable scenario.

-Relied on pop culture references too much.

-If you want a better Emily Giffin book, go with Something Borrowed or the next one, Something Blue.

***

Just as we were about to leave, a server at Chantanee came over and asked if we were a book club. Then he offered up his suggestion for a future book selection. I will list it after I get suggestions from all of you guys. Please send them to me (kerrie (at) highlandrain (dot) com) by the end of the day on Wednesday. Then I will put up the poll so we can select a book for September's meeting.

Meantime, enjoy Bitter is the New Black! I look forward to our July meeting!

No comments: