Monday, October 5, 2009

Light & Easy for December

Thanks to everyone who met at Vino on Friday to discuss The Street of a Thousand Blossoms. We had a good time!

The next meeting will be December 4th (first Friday), and we decided to bump the time up by a half hour. Hopefully, that will work better for everyone. I am looking at where we should have our next meeting. Any new ideas, please comment or shoot me an e-mail.

After two very heavy books in a row, we all agreed to keep things light for December's book. I even suggested reading a Christmas-themed one.

You may notice that I thinned out our suggested books list because several of them have been on there for months and months, and have not been chosen. Please send me ideas for future titles and I will add them

Here's what I added and what's up for voting for our December meeting. Read about the books and then vote by Monday, Oct. 12, please.

Skipping Christmas by John Grisham: I read this book several years ago. I really loved it...then I saw the movie. Ugh. The movie was horrible and wasn't at all like the book. Read more here.

The Perfect Christmas by Debbie Macomber: I have never read anything by this author, but I know she is popular. I'm willing to try something different. Read more here.

Good Things by Mia King: The description for this one starts out: "Seattle's answer to Martha Stewart..."! Sounds good to me...and pretty much all of the reviewers on Amazon. Plus, recipes in the back. Sweet. Read more here.

The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen: This is a Young-Adult book that was recommended at my last SCBWI meeting. Not sure how you all feel about reading YA, though. Read more here.

Pretty in Plaid by Jen Lancaster: I don't remember who suggested this one. A friend just finished reading it and she liked it. Read more here.

Happy reading!
~Kerrie

1 comment:

Heather F. said...

So, I've voted for Good Things, which sounds sufficiently mushy and over the top but the Debbie Macomber book would probably be okay too. I've found her stories to be good enough. I've never wanted to re-read any of her books which I do often with my favorite authors, but I've never thought they were a waste of time either.

Just my two cents!

:)